Skills for Social Success
“He is interrupting me every time I give directions or try to make a point.”
“He talks to long…” “She constantly touches her peers and doesn’t seem to be aware of how it is bothering her peers.” “His friends don’t want to include him in their games.”
“Her teachers constantly seem to get annoyed at her because she over reacts to problems..”
These are just some of the statements we have been told by parents of children ages 4-14 who are having social skills difficulties.
This summer we are offering many different social thinking opportunities for children. Each week, we will be running social thinking groups that will help children learn more about how their social behaviors impact the way others think and feel about them.
If you know of children who would benefit from learning from two individuals with lots of experience helping kids become stronger social thinkers, you have found the right place!
SLP Sharon Sokolik and School Psychologist Robyn Liebman will be running the groups.
Below is the schedule of social thinking group dates, along with camp dates that we will be offering this summer.
Exact locations of the groups will be announced based on the weather. We will meet at the JF+CS building 4549 Chamblee-Dunwoody Road in Dunwoody on the weeks we do not have outings. The groups are open to children ages 5-12. They will be split up based on ages and level of functions.
The cost will be $100 for the 100 minute groups/outings and the four day camp will be $400.
PLEASE FILL OUT THE SOCIAL THINKING GROUP CHECKLIST so we can learn more about each and place them correctly.
- June 3rd (Monday) from 4:30-6:10: Impulsivity and how it makes others feel.
- June 10th (Monday from 4:30-6:10: How interrupting can give others weird thoughts.
- June 25th (Tuesday) from 9:30-11:10: How to think with my eyes and make smart guesses.
- July 1st (Monday) from 9:30-11:10: Being a stronger social detective.
- July 8th (Monday) from 4:30-6:10: My behavior and how it impacts my friends.
- July 15th (Monday) from 4:30-6:10: What is funny and how can I better understand humor?
- July 22nd (Monday) from 9:30-11:10: How what I say, my body language and my tone can change my message.
- July 29th (Monday) from 9:30-11:10: How to get socially ready for the school year.
- June 10-13th: 9:30-12:30, ages 5-6, 7-8
- June 10-13th: 1:30-4:30, ages 9-10, 11-12
- July 15-18th: 9:30-12:30, ages 5-6, 7-8
- July 15-18th: 1:30-4:30, ages 9-10, 11-12
Social concerns are never easy. We will do our best to address areas of real concern to children.
Please contact us at 678-463-6512 or 678-467-5174 or email@example.com .
Spread the word!
Fondly and with good thoughts,
Sharon Sokolik and Robyn Liebman